January 18, 2015

cookbook challenge: potato & pumpkin curry


3 weeks ago I started with my cookbook challenge, so here are the first recipes I tried out^^
I started with two vegetarian curries because I still had a pumpkin at home and pumpkin is one of the best ingredients for curry I think^.^
I like both dishes quite much! Though in the second I would have prefered normal tomatoes to the cocktail ones. They don't taste very good when they are heated up.
(I just have to get better in making delicious looking food and photos^^;)


Potato curry with pumpkin and peanuts

Ingredients (4 portions)
600 g pumpkin in pieces
1 onion, peeled, sliced in stripes
800 g small potatoes, divided into eights (I used violett potatoes)
2 tbs oil
2 tsp ginger, gerieben
½ tsp chili powder
400 ml coconut milk
150 ml water
1 red chili, chopped in rings
1 tsp Garam Masala
2 tbs peanuts
2 tbs coriander, minced

preparation

Heat oil in a high pan, fry onions with ginger. Add chili powder and fry it shortly, then add the potatoes. Ablöschen with coconut milk and 150 ml water and cook it covered on middle heat about 10 minutes. Add pumpkin and let it cook covered another 10 minutes. Stir sometimes.

Add Garam Masala, chili rings and peanuts to the curry and let it boil open. Serve curry with coriander.



Pumpkin curry with tomatoes

Ingredients (4 portions)
250 g basmati rice
10 cocktail tomatoes
3 kaffir lime leaves
600 g pumpkin in pieces
2 tbs oil
1 tbs red curry paste
400 ml coconut milk
½ bunch of coriander

preparation

Cook rice.

Heat oil in a high pan and stir in the curry paste. Add 5 EL coconut milk and stir it with the curry paste. Cook it for one minute.

Add lime leaves, pumpkin and the rest of the coconut milk and let it cook on low heat for about 8 minutes while stiring. Add cocktail tomatoes and let them cook shortly.

Serve curry with coriander and rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment